Saturday, November 7, 2009

~sigh~

I have recently begun "blog-hopping", and connecting with other families who have children with special needs. The huge spectrum of illness and disability is really too much for me to grasp sometimes. I remember the day when we learned that Remy's little brain was riddled with tumors, and for a fleeting moment, we didn't know if he was going to live to be an old man, or even a teenager for that matter. We have come to learn many unfair and painful realities about Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, and though the trials ahead of him may be great, we can rest assured that TSC will not take his life. Complications, can arise, but his outlook is a typical life-span. Unfortunately that is not the case for many families.
I recently stumbled upon a blog for a sweet faced little boy named Gavin. B.E.A.UTIFUL. His eyes are sharp, and piercing and his smile is enough to break your heart. The outlook for this little guy was never good. He suffers from Mitochondrial Disease, and over time, his organs have been shutting down. It is believed that today will be his last.
I have never met this family, or even e-mailed them, but this story has shot straight to the core of my body, and I can't stop thinking of them....aching for them....crying for them. I can't explain it, but I can do something. I can pray. I can pray that he lets go, and releases himself to the peace that can only be found in the arms of the Father. I can pray that his family finds peace in knowing his suffering will be over, and that they can go on knowing that they gave him everything that they have. I ask only that you do the same. To learn more about this family, go to www.gavinowens.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment